- Macdonald Fyne Associates Ltd was founded in 1987 by Melvyn MacDonald and Ann-Marie Fyne - manufacturing corporate and club neckties - working out of Bermondsey in South London.
- Following the 1991/92 recession, manufacturing was moved to China and the offices moved to Eltham in South London.
- In 1992 Melvyn MacDonald acquired Ann-Marie Fyne's shares and continued as sole owner. The business model was modified with the introduction of corporate gifts and promotional products, mainly imported direct from China and selling to both end-user and trade customers.
- In 2001 the business moved to larger offices in Farningham, Kent and Melvyn MacDonald’s daughter, Sally Mudhoo, became Sales Director.
- In 2006, due to difficult trading conditions, it was decided to implement a policy of concentrating business with the trade, only keeping a select number of end-user customers.
- In 2015 MacDonald Fyne Associates moved to Ryarsh, Kent, and was acquired by Mike & Jackie Hart - now trading as macdonald fyne limited - a TRADE ONLY supplier. Melvyn MacDonald retired and is retained as a consultant. Sally Mudhoo continues to work within the business.